Weekly info at www.juniornordicprogram.org
Information for Saturday morning of day 1:
Classes start at 10am. Drop your child off at 10am either on the downhill side of the lodge by the hoops if with Amy and Lib OR on the uphill side if with another instructor. Pick up your child at 11:30 for lunch where you dropped them off and return them for the afternoon session at 12:30pm. If you have a 4-5 year old and they are too tired for the afternoon session, that's pretty normal. Just let the coaches know so they don't wait for you.
- Show up early (8:30-9am) for the first day if you need season rentals. If you don't need rentals, 9:15am should be fine. Any later however and you risk the parking being full.
- When you enter the Nordic Center, check in at the Junior Program registration table (it'll be obvious).
- If you need season rentals, pick up the rental form and head to the rental area to pay and get sized.
- Treasure Trailers (age 4-6) do not need a trail pass. Your child will just be skiing around the lodge.
- If your child has their own gear, mark your child's skis and poles in a VERY obvious manner. Most kids have similar brands and sizes.
- Mark your child's clothing (so we can get it back to you when/if your child misplaces it).
Things to make your child's first day a success:
Make sure your child gets a good night of sleep and a hearty breakfast.
Take your child to the bathroom before classes and at lunch (VERY important).
Check the DOT website before you leave (there is a link on the JNP website in the left navbar).
Check out the Dressing for the JNP webpage on the JNP website if you have any questions about how to dress your child for lessons. You'll find the link to this in the left navbar on the JNP website. The FAQ website (also in the left navbar) also has many tips for parents.
The first year of ski lessons is a big step for kids. Clothing, snow, cold---it's a lot for a little kid to get used to. Most kids will be able to do both morning and afternoon sessions, but don't worry your kid can only hold out for the morning session. All those JNP teens zooming down the hill and skiing up top were once 4-5 years old too.
Finally, please let us know if your child will be out. It really helps us plan the groups and activites, esp when we have instructor absences: email@example.com