Information for Saturday morning of day 1:
Week 1 for Trailblazers involves moving kids around a bit. We start with groups in the morning based on the information I have regarding kids' levels. Then we move kids around at lunch. We strive for groups to be similarly skilled, well-matched in terms of speed, and similar downhill skills.
- #1 If your child will be out, please let us know. It really helps us plan the groups and activites, esp when we have
instructor absences: email@example.com
- Make sure your child gets a good night of sleep and a hearty breakfast.
- Show up early (8:30-9am) for the first day if you need season rentals. If you don't need rentals, 9:15am should be fine. Any later and you risk the parking lot being full.
- When you enter the Nordic Center, check in at the Junior Program registration table (it'll be obvious).
- If you need season rentals, head to the rental area to fill out a form, pay and get sized.
If your child is in a group that will switch to skate at week 5, just tell the rental staff at the end of week 4 to put out skate gear the next week.
- If your child is going up top (on the lift), they must have their trail pass or season pass on them. Lifties will not let them on even with their instructor. If you forgot your season pass, head to the cashier to fill out a 'forgot my pass' form. If you haven't bought your
child's season pass before lessons, buy a trail pass and then head to Guest Services at West or Central with their ticket
after lessons. You can credit the ticket price to a nordic season pass.
To buy a nordic pass online, go here
and click 'Nordic' in the grey tab nav bar near the top of the page.
- Parents and their kids head OUTSIDE at 10am for warm-up. We'll be beside the lodge just uphill (opposite of the parking lot side).
- All Trailblazers each lunch at the lodge on week 1 from 11:30am to 12:30pm. After that the instructor will tell the group the plan for the next week.
- If your child has their own gear, mark the skis and poles in a VERY obvious manner. Most kids have similar brands and sizes.
- Mark your child's clothing (so we can get it back to you when/if your child misplaces it).
- Pack YUMMY food in your child's lunch. We need them to eat their lunch so they have energy the whole session.